Are you struggling with your students when it comes to making groups of 2 or 4 ? I know it can be hard and as we do not want any kid left aside, why not let the cards decide !
This “pick a partner” resource will allow you to make up to 16 groups of 2 or 8 groups of 4 so it is great for classes up to 32. Do not worry if you have more students in your class though : I have included additional cards !
This packet contains 3 files:
– one for pair work (matching pairs)
– one for teams of 4 students (16 teams of 4)
– one if you are doing a group work on Harry Potter (teams of 4)
Pair Work : 2 possibilities
• singular / plural : 32 cards
• things that go together : 32 cards + 12 additional cards
Teams of 4 : 2 possibilities
• general themes : fruit – vegetables – pirates – sport – Sherlock – technology – animals – card game
• cultural themes : England – Scotland – Ireland – the USA – Guy Fawkes – Halloween – Thanksgiving – Christmas
Harry Potter teams
Characters – Houses – Pets – Creatures – Magic – Accessories – Divination -Places
Option for this set : a parchment background
I have included “team cards” for each theme as it is easier to put a card on a table and let the students gather according to their card.
Number of cards : 160
Great to learn new words too.
Enjoy group work activities now !