Learning the 50 states of the USA can be an insurmountable task. With this word wall you will get a beautiful classroom display that will help your students remember the shapes, names, capitals, abbreviations of the 50 states and where they are on the US map!
You can also use it as a matching activity to engage your students. They will enjoy manipulating the labels and matching all the elements together for of each state:its shape, its location on the US map, its name and its phonetic transcription, its capital, its abbreviation.
In this resource, you will get:
• 50 flashcards – shape of the state A5 format (2 per page)
• 50 flashcards – shape of the state A6 format (4 per page)
• 50 flashcards – state on the US map A5 format (2 per page)
• 50 flashcards – state on the US map A6 format (4 per page)
• 50 labels: phonetic transcription of the state name
• 50 labels: state capital
• 50 labels: state abbreviation – state name
• 50 labels: state name – state capital
• 50 labels : state name – phonetic transcription of the state name
Just choose the options that suit you best.
Black and white version included.
Bonus activity: a simple missing vowels worksheet to help them memorize the state abbreviations.
Check out the preview for a closer look at each element of this resource.
Have fun with this word wall about the 50 states.