Are your ESL students good spellers? A spelling bee contest is the perfect activity for them to master the alphabet, practice pronunciation and learn new words. This is also a great group activity.
1) The spelling bee unit contains:
- detailed notes to the teacher
- 2 differentiated lists of words
- a label for each word + phonetic transcription
- a worksheet to be used during the contest
- badges for the participants (color or black and white)
- participation awards (4 different colors or black and white)
2) Sounds of English Phonetic Key Ring and Matching Activity contains :
- an engaging activity on phonetic symbols
- a booklet for your students that recaps phonetic symbols
3) Alphabet flashcards with:
- flashcards of each letter of the alphabet
4)Spelling Bee Minibook
- a minibook highlighting the rules and the roles of the judges, the pronouncer and the speller (2 versions available)
Check out the preview for more details.