Are you looking for an engaging activity to talk about Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement ? They will love crafting their own mini book and coloring it to make it unique.
Martin Luther King, Jr – I have a Dream: a MiniBook
This mini book contains:
- Page 1: Who was Martin Luther King (short text)
- Page 2: What was the Civil Rights Movement (to be completed by your students)
- Page 3: Other famous Civil Rights activists (to be completed by your students)
- Page 4: MLK’s speech – historical background
- Page 5: I have a dream – excerpt from his speech
- Page 6: What is your dream ? (writing activity)
- Page 7: back cover
Instructions are provided. You can also have a look at the video I made : How to make a mini-book
Color and Black & White included, I use the black & white one in class for some extra coloring opportunities.