Oh no : someone was killed ! Call the police ! Engage your students with this fun activity : 2 detectives will lead the investigation while the rest of the class will be either suspects or witnesses.
This crime scene investigation activity is perfect for your students to use the tense “past BE + V-ing” / past continuous. Your students will have to tell the detectives what they were doing when the murder happened.
All you need is in this file:
- action cards that will provide an alibi for your students; just choose who the witnesses are
- cards for places and murder weapons
- interview sheets + murder report for your detectives
- police sketch of the murderer sheets – perfect to revise body parts!
- This activity is so much fun! I hope you will enjoy it as much as my students did.
Detailed teacher’s notes included.